Blindenfotografie
Wilt u reageren op dit bericht? Maak met een paar klikken een account aan of log in om door te gaan.

Sight of Emotion

Ga naar beneden

Sight of Emotion Empty Sight of Emotion

Bericht  Admin wo apr 16, 2008 12:44 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYj5TP8reOU
Sight of Emotion
Welcome to the world of blind photography
The idea that blind people should be excluded from the visual arts is not only the opinion of sighted people but also the blind.

When I held a camera in my hand, the first question I asked myself was what am I going to take a picture of? I started to think what I could do and finally my idea was to describe my day-to-day life. By using my senses or through something that inspires an emotion in me and to try and capture that.

This is changing there lives a little bit.
Blind people are people just like you and me and all they need is a little help from us and the opportunity for them to develop.

Photography has helped me to rehabilitate myself, because I’ve learnt to open myself up to people more and I’m less afraid of walking in the street.

At the moment that I take the photo I don’t see it. But I do feel it. Sometimes you feel that it’s the right moment you press the button and you don’t know if it’s going to come out or not but you left with the feeling that you did it well.

They’ve taught me that I can go around on my own and that I can be self-dependent. But there is something that I haven’t been taught. The ability to feel, the ability to explore and to transmit those feelings through a photograph. So that I can communicate with sighted people. I want them to know that I’m a human being who can walk, feel and who also has hopes and dreams. That I’m not dead, but that I’m only just beginning to live.

The involvement of the blind in photography is very important, because it serves as a sort of antidote against blindness. Not of the blind but of those who can see!

Admin
Admin

Aantal berichten : 337
Registration date : 26-03-08

https://blindenfotografie.actieforum.com

Terug naar boven Ga naar beneden

Terug naar boven

- Soortgelijke onderwerpen

Permissies van dit forum: